Pages

Monday 6 May 2013

A Spot of Bother



If you didn’t pick up on the subtle humour in this post title, this post is about spots.

I know this isn’t a very glamorous topic, but it’s something we all deal with (even those beauty bloggers who always look perfect) and so I thought seeing as I’m having a particularly rough time with them at the moment I would write about it.

I’m not just experiencing the usual red suspects but also the ones that lurk and bulge under the skin for weeks. Indeed, I’ve had a really awful one of the lurkers before, who came into my life after I had a mustache drawn on my face with permanent marker. He was there for about three weeks but I am now left with a scar.

If only I had known the trouble that darned marker pen would cause...
I’m not sure what is causing them, it could be a number of factors… part of me likes to blame my bf for his bristly chin that scratches my face, it could be the fact that I am applying a teeny bit of Bio-Oil on said scar or it could be the impending Law exams. In fact I did read somewhere that the spots that lurk under your skin are caused by hormonal which makes me think it could be something to do with the fact that my contraceptive pill has changed.

Anyway, after having done extensive research on the topic I have concluded that really everybody’s skin reacts differently to different products. So after much ado I decided to buy 3 products from the Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel range. I plucked for...


The Cleansing & Toning Lotion - To be used twice a day


The Exfoliating Face Scrub - To be used once a week


The Peel Off Face Mask


I chose the Boots range because the reviews on the website were very positive, plus I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on something I wasn’t sure was going to work, PLUS there was a 3 for 2 offer on the Boots products so that was that.

Now, I've not even been using these products for a week yet, but I am already happier with the appearance of my spots. They are not so red and angry and the under the skin 'lurker' has risen up to the real world. Which, although is not great, on the other hand I feel that now I can get to work on getting rid of him!

Just so you have all the info, I am also using Superdrug's Tea Tree Spot Stick which is one of those anti-bacterial type wands that you pop on spots.


So, there you have it, I am feeling so much happier about my face after only having used the Boots products for a couple of days and I would highly recommend.

I aim to give an update in a week or so's time to let you know if/that they have continued to work wonders!

Is anyone else suffering with spots at the moment? What are your pot treatment saviours in these circumstance?








No comments:

Post a Comment