Pages

Monday 31 December 2012

The Perfect Bag



Every girl needs a great bag.

A staple in her wardrobe that looks great with jeans but also with a floaty skirt. A bag that looks equally fab with your summer mac and your chunky winter coat.

I’m talking about a classic bag. 
For me, there are a few requirements:
  • It must be leather to ensure it stands the test of time and style.
  • It must have straps that actually fit over the shoulder, or short straps with an extra across-the-body strap.
  • It must be of a sensible size: big enough to fit all my law books in, but not so big that you end up packing everything you own, including the kitchen sink, just for drinks with the girls.


I’ve been on the lookout for such a bag for a while, and sure there are plenty to choose from…

Mulberry, The Bayswater leather bag, £995

This bag is so beautiful, it gives me shivers just imagining that I might one day be able to swing it over my shoulder. Although, if the opportunity actually arose, I'm not sure I would go for pink...!
Valentino, The Rockstud leather trapeze tote, £1,335
Jil Sander, The Malavoglia leather trapeze bag, £1,100

…but when you are a student with a restricted budget things aren't so easy.  

But, I think that I may have found a solution. It’s expensive but at £165.00 it is still affordable (with the help of some left-over birthday and Christmas money).

Here she is…


ü  Leather
ü  Great straps, x3
ü  Perfect size


This is the K Vintage handbag by Folli Follie. It’s a beautiful large patent leather bag with rose gold hardware with a long detachable shoulder strap!

It also comes in a range of colours…





Now, I do think that this bag is gorgeous and potentially perfect! But, because it would be a big purchase for me I’m going to have a little bit more of a think about it…watch this space!






No comments:

Post a Comment