Pages

Friday 16 November 2012

Birthday Boots



So my birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and one thing that I think I would like is a new pair of boots.

I've raved about my love of my New Look boots before (here and here) and even a year and a half on they are still so perfect and I love them. But I do sometimes find that the fur trim can be a little restrictive outfit wise. For example, I don’t like to wear a fur trimmed coat or cardi when I'm wearing the boots as I feel I look like Cruella De'Vil! Another issue I have with my gorgeous boots is that because of the fur I feel a bit silly whenever I wear them in the less cold months, I think its just a little inappropriate to wear fur boots in August for example, which I did this year.

So, I've come to the conclusion that a new pair of ankle boots it what I need. I want to keep things fairly simple, I'm thinking a tan colour or black and a little heel, preferably a little chunky heel and I'm in luck as ankle boots seem to be everywhere at the moment!





I had a birthday treat email from Asos giving me free delivery and 10% so off I popped to asos.com to see what boots they have. Boy, did they have a good collection, but sadly nothing that was quite what I was looking for, or within the budget I have. (But don’t worry I'm sure I’ll find some way to spend my discount, after all it would be rude not to!)

I then went to New Look where my old trusty boots came from and I pretty much found what I was looking for, and at sale price too! But I'm not sure if I love the studs on the side – I know studs are all the rage right now, but I want these boots to last me years so I think the classic look is what I should go for. I'm also conscious that I don’t want to get a boot that is too western in style, as again this categorises it too much and I want this to just be my black boots, not my black cowboy boots – you know?

I've been quite overwhelmed by the sheer number of options available to me, even on a relatively tight budget I've got boots coming out of my ears! But, I think I've narrowed it down to…

Carvella, KG, £130

New Look, £18.74

Oasis, £68

Zara, £50

I'm going to take drag my boyfriend round the Bullring at some point over the weekend to try these bad boys on and come to a decision! 

Do you like the bootie trend? Which ones do you have?




No comments:

Post a Comment